῾Ōlelo Community Media (www.olelo.org), O’ahu’s premiere provider of PEG Access resources and services, exists “to strengthen our island voices and advance community engagement through innovative media.” ῾Ōlelo’s programs and services are designed to empower and equip individuals, non-profit and community organizations to exercise free speech and engage in community media by sharing their unique stories through digital media. Likewise, ῾Ōlelo provides government with digital media training and a venue to enhance accessibility through coverage of hearings and meetings. ῾Ōlelo’s success in community engagement is rooted in its core values: Teamwork, Integrity and Aloha.
‘Ōlelo seeks candidates to fill one full-time Director of Finance and Administration to work out of our main office in Mapunapuna. Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing and managing the financial functions, accounting, budgeting, and reporting, contract administration human resources and administration functions. The Director of Finance and Administration serves as member of the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operations.
The successful candidate must have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and more than four years of related work experience, or six years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and proven track record in administrative management, including organizational policy development, project planning and management and the development, implementation, and evaluation of administrative services.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff, create and effective team environment and to establish and maintain a customer-service focused relationship with other departments.
- Excellent organizational, planning, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to make decisions that balance immediate needs with long-term views
- Ability to keep business unit’s work aligned with the overall business goals, anticipate future problems/opportunities and act accordingly.
- Display sound business judgement and ensure fiscally responsible policies, procedures, and decisions.
To learn more about the position and apply visit: https://www.hrsymphony.com/hrs/route/position/3573/N8BY
‘Ōlelo seeks candidates to fill one full-time Chief Administrative Officer position to work out of our main office in Mapunapuna. Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for overseeing the daily administrative operations within our organization, including HR, accounting, contracts and development projects and grants.
This position works closely with the management team to provide input on business operations and long-term strategic planning, monitors internal control, and presents findings and recommendations to management. The CAO assists in devising strategies and plicies to meet the organization’s objectives and goals, and reports on the performance of the various departments under the direction of the CEO.
The CAO should be well spoken wit excellent communication and interpersonal skills, models best practices in a work environment, driven to succeed through collaboration and diplomacy and has a high level of business acumen. The CAO is able to execute more than one project initiative and task simultaneously, works well under pressure and be comfortable with the working dynamics of different departments. CAO should have a strong background in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Contracts Management and Technological Applications and software programs to leverage the organization’s efficiencies and successes. Basic understanding of federal regulations FCC (as it pertains to communications by television, wire, satellite, and cable) and knowledge of SOH DCCA structures and its regulatory governance would be highly advantages.
The CAO is highly efficient and a natural leader who ensure s the smooth running of business according to established policies and vision. The CAO keeps things in order and adds a strategic vision to everyday activities.
The successful candidate must have
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is definite plus
- Minimum 7-years of solid work experience in operations management or proven experience as administrative officer
- Solid understanding of fiscal planning, budgeting, and reporting (HR, Finance, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (e.g., SEC)
- Proficient in MS Office and database
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective and efficient decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational, team building, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and handle the stress of a high-powered position
- Some understanding of medica, video production, and community building.
For more information or to apply click on the link: https://www.hrsymphony.com/hrs/route/position/3576/E9CD
῾Ōlelo seeks candidates to fill one full Systems Administrator to work out of our main office in Mapunapuna. Staff accountant is tasked with leading the effort to advance ῾Ōlelo’s technological infrastructure and leverage applications to increase ῾Ōlelo’s communication and transport/distribution capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services or equivalent work experience
- Experience working for non-profit organization desirable
- Microsoft Windows Product Specialist preferred.
- CompTIA Network+/Security+preferred.
- Minimum four years of progressively responsible experience in information management systems, including extensive experience in operations and management of local area networks
- Extensive demonstrated experience in wiring and interfacing all local area networks, including labeling, tracing, and troubleshooting wiring.
- Understanding of ethical and regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information related to agency business
- Ability to demonstrate technological literacy and competence by using existing or new technology and different types of software and hardware, and performance support systems.
- Ability and experience in working with vendors and contractors
- Experience in researching, analyzing, and justifying for purchase, software, and hardware.
- General experience in troubleshooting problems in programs, network, and software and hardware.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft OS and Office software applications.
- Ability to be thorough, organized, and attention to detail.
- Effective organizational, time, and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to others with varying levels of understanding of technical issues.
- Ability to problem solve quickly, with creativity and flexibility.
If you are interested in this position, please apply at: https://www.hrsymphony.com/hrs/apply/1726/T4EF