῾Ōlelo Community Media (www.olelo.org), O’ahu’s premiere provider of PEG Access resources and services, exists “to strengthen our island voices and advance community engagement through innovative media.” ῾Ōlelo’s programs and services are designed to empower and equip individuals, non-profit and community organizations to exercise free speech and engage in community media by sharing their unique stories through digital media. Likewise, ῾Ōlelo provides government with digital media training and a venue to enhance accessibility through coverage of hearings and meetings. ῾Ōlelo’s success in community engagement is rooted in its core values: Teamwork, Integrity and Aloha.
῾Ōlelo seeks candidates to fill one (1) full-time Systems Administrator position that is based out of our main office building in Mapunapuna and services all locations throughout O’ahu. Systems Administrator is responsible for leading the efforts to advance ῾Ōlelo’s technological infrastructure and leverage applications to increase ῾Ōlelo’s communication and transport/distribution capabilities. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the primary list below and other inherent duties and responsibilities associated with such position.
The successful candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience if information management systems, including extensive experience in operations and management of local area networks.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in wiring and interfacing all local area networks, including labeling, tracing and troubleshooting wiring.
- Experience working for non-profit organization desirable.
- Microsoft Windows Product Specialist preferred.
- CompTIA Network+/Security+preferred.
- Understanding of ethical and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information related to agency business
- Ability to demonstrate technological literacy and competence by using existing or new technology and different types of software and hardware, and performance support systems.
- Ability and experience in working with vendors and contractors.
- Experience researching, analyzing and justifying for purchase, software and hardware
- General experience in troubleshooting problems in programs, network, and software and hardware
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft OS and Office software applications.
- Ability to be thorough, organized, and attentive to detail
- Effective organizational, time, and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to others with varying levels of understanding of technical issues.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly, with creativity and flexibility
To learn more about the position and apply, CLICK HERE.
Senior Information Technology Technician
῾Ōlelo seeks candidates to fill one (1) full-time Senior Information Technology Technician position that is based out of our main office building in Māpunapuna and services all locations throughout O’ahu. Senior IT Technician is responsible for maintaining, advancing, and leading the efforts to advance ῾Ōlelo’s technological infrastructure and leverage applications to increase ῾Ōlelo’s capabilities. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the primary list below and other inherent duties and responsibilities associated with such position.
The successful candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICS, MIS, CENT, or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft and/or CompTIA certifications highly preferred.
- Minimum four years of computer/network support experience.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP,DNS, DHCP, VPN, LAN.WAN.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, OS, Office, Active Directory, Enterprise Imaging software, Enterprise backup and recovery software, SAAS, and Enterprise Antivirus software
- Extensive knowledge of workstation/laptop hardware and software configurations.
- Ability to learn new skills and keep current with rapidly changing information technology and ability to transfer knowledge to team members and users.
- Ability to be thorough, organized, attentive to detail, proactively communicate, and effectively manage stress.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly, with creativity and flexibility.
- Experience with Office365 preferred.
To learn more about the position and to apply, CLICK HERE.