῾Ōlelo Community Media (www.olelo.org), O’ahu’s premiere provider of PEG Access resources and services, exists “to strengthen our island voices and advance community engagement through innovative media.” ῾Ōlelo’s programs and services are designed to empower and equip individuals, non-profit and community organizations to exercise free speech and engage in community media by sharing their unique stories through digital media. Likewise, ῾Ōlelo provides government with digital media training and a venue to enhance accessibility through coverage of hearings and meetings. ῾Ōlelo’s success in community engagement is rooted in its core values: Teamwork, Integrity and Aloha.
MEDIA SERVICES ASSOCIATE (KAIMUKĪ & NĀNĀKULI)
῾Ōlelo seeks candidates to fill one (1) full-time Media Services Associate position to work out of our Kaimukī Media Service Center and one (1) part-time Media Services Associate position to work out of our Nānākuli Media Service Center. Media Services Associates (MSA) are responsible for delivering excellent customer service and care to our community producers, guests and partners. Additionally, MSAs serve as frontline stewards of Community Access video production equipment and facilities, provide training and technical assistance to clients, assist with ῾Ōlelo’s coverage of community events, and other inherent duties and responsibilities normally associated with such a position.
The successful candidates have:
- Minimally an AA in related field of study or equivalent education and experience desirable.
- Technical aptitude and desire to learn new concepts and technology.
- Familiarity with digital media such as video production.
- Experience with customer service, and the ability to understand the dynamics involved in achieving excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC-based software, including Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration in a multicultural environment.
To apply for the Kaimukī position visit: https://www.hrsymphony.com/hrs/route/position/1565/T6DN
To apply for the Nānākuli position visit: https://www.hrsymphony.com/hrs/route/position/3169/X9CZ
Please indicate on your cover letter which position you are applying for.
῾Ōlelo is seeking candidates to fill one full-time (1) Executive Assistant position that is based out of our main office building in Māpunapuna. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the President and CEO and works closely with the Directors group on confidential and time sensitive matters. Provides executive administrative support on matters relating to the CEO’s chief obligations and mandates. Serves as the administrative officer for ῾Ōlelo’s Borad of Directors and its committees. Assure that bylaws and governing policies are being followed when Board actions are taken. Coordinates and prioritizes the CEO’s daily emails, appointments, and business obligations. Maintains the CEO calendar, schedules and meetings between the CEO and internal and external person as appropriate. Track and meet important deadlines including but not limited to Board and State deadlines. Receives calls, including complaints in a professional manner, identifies situation that require immediate attention in the organization and refers matters to the appropriate area for resolution. Coordinates and books travel arrangements for CEO and others as requested and assists with special ῾Ōlelo projects. Ensures office supplies are well stocked and office machines are serviced appropriately. Gives leadership to other administrative assistants within organization. Assists other departments with administrative support such as operations and facilities. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the primary list below and other inherent duties and responsibilities.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of executive secretary or executive assistant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal Skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in navigating the internet and use of standard office equipment.
- Proficiency with PC programs (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
To learn more about the position and apply visit: https://www.hrsymphony.com/hrs/route/position/3108/J5ES