῾Ōlelo Community Media (www.olelo.org), O’ahu’s premiere provider of PEG Access resources and services, exists “to strengthen our island voices and advance community engagement through innovative media.” ῾Ōlelo’s programs and services are designed to empower and equip individuals, non-profit and community organizations to exercise free speech and engage in community media by sharing their unique stories through digital media. Likewise, ῾Ōlelo provides government with digital media training and a venue to enhance accessibility through coverage of hearings and meetings. ῾Ōlelo’s success in community engagement is rooted in its core values: Teamwork, Integrity and Aloha.
‘Ōlelo seeks candidates to fill one full-time (1) Playback Technician position that is based out of our main office building in Mapunapuna. Playback Technician is responsible for the preparation, screening and quality control of company’s cable transmission and online streaming. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the primary list below and other inherent duties and responsibilities associated with such position.
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum two years of college courses related to Communications, Information Technology, Video Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated technical ability and broadcast experience preferable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2013+
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain focus and excellence in areas that leave no room for errors yet include redundant and repetitive material
- Ability to work with urgent and competing demands and effectively manage stress.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse social, cultural, economic, age, gender, and racial backgrounds.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information related to agency business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve quickly, with creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to work both independently and in partnership with other team members, both in the agency and in the community, working effectively with other to achieve common goals.
To learn more about the position and apply visit: