‘Ōlelo offers PSA (public service announcement) services to support non-profit, government, education or business organizations that serve the community. These PSAs are frequently shown free of charge on ‘Ōlelo’s cable channels and can be further shared on social media and other broadcast stations.
Giving Voice is supported by ʻŌlelo staff and volunteers who edit together stories and images to make an impactful PSA. Just submit/upload your own video recording of your message, along with your B-roll (photos/video) to our server. We will edit together your narrative and insert your B-roll, following the instructions you provide. START HERE to begin this FREE service. Here are some examples of Giving Voice PSAs:
Giving Voice PRO adds production value that goes a step further. ‘Ōlelo uses a professional recording studio, camera crew and editor to record and complete a clean and clear message using the PSA format shared in the examples below. Contact us to schedule a reservation on the first Wednesday of every month, between 11:00 AM and 2:30 PM in our studios located at 1122 Māpunapuna Street. An introductory fee of $250 is applied, but join our Lōkahi Project to see if you qualify for sponsorship, which would waive the fee. Your Giving Voice PRO PSA could look like this:
Use our PSA service or create your own PSA with the kokua (help) from our staff. After it airs on ʻŌlelo’s channels, you can use it anywhere else, except for commercial purposes. START HERE to begin this service.
Giving Voice PRO TIPS
- When filling out the Giving Voice PRO form (link), be ready to provide:
- Tagline or brief slogan of your group’s mission.
- Spokesperson’s name, organization’s name and contact information.
- Organization’s logo. (high resolution jpeg, png, tiff or gif extension)
- Script outline
- Pick one energetic spokesperson to speak for your organization.
- Develop a 30 or 60-second message. A 30-second message tends to air more frequently on standard broadcast television.
- If possible, try to make your message evergreen (not date-specific) so your PSA can play for a long time.
- No commercial speech, please. Requests for donations or fundraising is not allowed unless you request for an annual waiver*.
- The background is a stark white to emphasize graphics – do not wear white or small busy patterns. Concerning makeup or hair, please come to the studio camera ready.
- A teleprompter is not available, so memorization and practice is key.
- A small graphic at the end acknowledges “a community service provided by ‘Ōlelo Community Media”. Your message will air on ‘Ōlelo cable channels and a digital copy can be provided to you. Many Giving Voice PSAs have aired on broadcast channels and across various social media platforms.
*Email Evern Williams or call 808-237-2124 for more information