On October 19, 2019, ʻŌlelo Community Media hosted our annual Client and Volunteer Appreciation Party. Celebrating 30 years of ʻŌlelo Community Media and the hard work and dedication of the outstanding video producers, members, technicians, volunteers, and supporters. The event was held at the Pearl Country Club and Client Jeff Gere Emceed the event. As guests arrived, they were given the opportunity to participate with our Road Show Photobooth and enjoyed a bingo mixer where they got to get to know each other and our staff. We enjoyed Client Pule from Pastor James Anderson before dinner.
Throughout the evening, guests were treated with live music by Tioni + Wade Acoustic Duo. At the end of the formal program, each Media Service Center (MSC) Manager honored one stand-out volunteer from each of their centers.
- Kaimukī MSC honored client/volunteer Oren Tsutsumi
- Kāneʻohe MSC honored client/volunteer Michael Hall
- Māpunapuna MSC honored client/volunteer Phil Stripling
- Nānākuli MSC honored client Lisa Coen
- Wahiawā MSC honored client/volunteer Jazmyn Buza-Boyd
- Waipahu MSC honored client/volunteer Tyson Akiona
- Volunteer of the Year award was given to Edward Tsang
Each honored volunteer was given a commemorative coin, lei and certificate as a token of ʻŌlelo’s. We concluded the amazing magical night with Hawaiʻi Aloha led by our very own Community Relations Manager Georgette Stevens.
Mahalo to our sponsors of the event.