Aloha Clients and Volunteers!
‘Ōlelo’s Client Services Agreement (CSA) has changed. The complete revised CSA can be reviewed here. Of particular note is our new Lost and Found policy (see below). In summary, items abandoned at any of our facilities will be discarded after 30 days. Please visit your nearest Community Media Center soon and pick up any items you may have left there. As always, see one of our friendly staff members if you have any questions.
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to our community by volunteering and creating content for ‘Olelo’s channels.
‘Ōlelo Community Media
APPENDIX V: LOST AND FOUND POLICY FOR ABANDONED OR UNCLAIMED PROPERTY
The purpose of this policy is to provide procedures for handling “Lost Property” or “Abandoned Property” that may have been left by employees, clients/producers, volunteers, and visitors to ‘Ōlelo and any of its community media centers.
- In this policy, “Lost Property” means any unattended, abandoned, misplaced, or forgotten personal item(s) including but not limited to bags, tapes, hard drives, phones, computers and other electronic equipment, and other personal property found within/inside the premises/boundaries of ‘Ōlelo’s facilities including any of its community media centers, and including vehicles, facilities, and common areas.
- “Lost Property” does not include property that is unclaimed or abandoned according to the State of Hawaii Unclaimed Property Program (Chapter 523A, HRS), such as unclaimed or uncashed paychecks, stock certificates, contents of safe deposit boxes.
- “Abandoned Property” is Lost Property in the possession of ‘Ōlelo for which no one has claimed ownership for more than thirty (30) calendar days.
- Depending on the nature of the item(s), Lost Property may be immediately turned over to proper state or federal authorities.
- Disclaimer: ‘Ōlelo strongly discourages employees, clients/producers, volunteers, and visitors from bringing or storing personal valuables on ‘Ōlelo property. ‘Ōlelo does not assume any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property brought to or stored on and/or within ‘Ōlelo’s facilities.
- Lost Property will be kept in the “Lost and Found” Area located within the Community Media Center and accessed by authorized personnel only.
- Clients/producers, volunteers, and visitors may inquire with ‘Ōlelo staff about Lost Property during the regular business hours of operation.
- Item(s) of Lost Property will be returned upon acceptable identification of the item(s).
- All items will be recorded in a Lost and Found register, which includes the date found, location found, name of person who found the item, item description and date of disposition.
- Lost Property will be held by ‘Ōlelo for a maximum of 30 calendar days. In ‘Ōlelo’s sole discretion, it may dispose of Abandoned Property by discarding or donating the property, or ‘Ōlelo may elect to publish a notice of abandoned property in a newspaper of general circulation