Māpunapuna’s modified hours (by appointment only, 24 hours in advance)
1122 Māpunapuna Street, Honolulu, HI 96819
Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 6:30pm
Please call us at (808) 237-2140 or email us to make an appointment to drop off programs or pick up equipment.
- Drop off programs (if you prefer to submit online, visit olelo.org/programs for more info)
- Pick up equipment
- Reserve an Edit Bay on a Tuesday or Thursday (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM or 2:15 PM – 6:15 PM)
- Reserve a Mini Studio session on a Wednesday or Friday (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM; 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM;4:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- Mentoring Monday through Friday
- Record a message for O‘ahu Free Speech Monday or Wednesday from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Visit olelo.org/ofs for more information.
Kaimukī’s modified hours (by appointment only, 24 hours in advance)
2705 Kaimukī Avenue, Building K, Honolulu, HI 96816
Monday through Thursday from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Please call us at (808) 737-8803 or email us to make an appointment.
- Please do not arrive on campus before 4:00 PM
- No walk-ins will be allowed
- If the school gate is closed, please call (808) 737-8803 and one of us will come out to meet you.
- At all times, everyone is required to:
- Wear a facial cover over your nose and mouth. Face shields are allowed by only in addition to a facial covering.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing.
- To access services inside the building, everyone will be required to have their temperature taken by a staff member and answer a brief series of COVID-related questions.
- We will continue to follow strict and frequent sanitization procedures.
The new normal inside our Māpunapuna location.
Happy New Year!!! We hope you are healthy and safe during this trying time.
We are happy to announce that we will be bringing you some new services and training opportunities in 2021. Detailed information will be coming out about each new offering, so be on the lookout!
Our Kaimukī and Nānākuli Media Centers have resumed operations on-site at their respective schools. Kāne’ohe, Māpunapuna, Wahiawā, and Waipahu Media Centers continue to operate out of our Māpunapuna location at 1122 Māpunapuna Street. We will let you know when the rest of the Media Centers located on school campuses will reopen. We will continue to offer program submissions and equipment checkouts curbside. Availability of Mini Studios and Edit Bays remain limited at this time.
As a reminder, the following precautions have been put in place to keep everyone safe.
Hours of Operations for Media Service Centers:
- The Māpunapuna, Kāne’ohe, Wahiawā, and Waipahu MSCs, operating out of Māpunapuna, are open Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
- The Kaimukī MSC is open Monday through Thursday from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- The Nānākuli MSC is open Monday through Thursday from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
All services are by Appointment Only – No walk-ins are allowed.
- Appointments need to be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Edit bays are available Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Mini Studios are available Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Mentoring is available Monday through Friday.
- Please contact our Media Services staff for further information.
- High touch areas will be sanitized frequently.
- In order to access services inside the building, such as the Mini Studio or Edit Bays, everyone is required to:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing at all times.
- Have their temperature taken by a staff member upon entering the building
- Answer a brief series of COVID related questions upon entering the building.
If you have questions about making a reservation or submitting your content for air, please contact your Media Service Center, preferably by email.
Mahalo and stay safe!
‘Ōlelo Community Media
Some messages from our Media Service Center staff:
“We look forward to seeing you all in our centers again soon. For now, drink more water and watch something interesting (our suggestion: Gordon Ramsey).” – Kaimukī
“Let’s keep our distance, but continue to tell our stories.” – Nānākuli
“Stay hopeful, stay motivated, stay safe.” While you shelter in place, Waipahu Intermediate and the ‘Ōlelo Staff is working hard at getting a new floor in the Studio.