The Mini Studio is an easy access service to help you create a thirty-minute program at any of our Community Media Centers, even if you have no training. ‘Ōlelo staff will help you record a simple program that can be immediately submitted to air on ‘Ōlelo’s channels and ‘ŌleloNet.
The Mini Studio process
- Mini Studio Producers are allotted one Mini Studio session (a two-hour appointment at the CMC of your choice) per calendar year at no cost.
- In the first session, all technical services are handled by an ‘Ōlelo staff member.
- Mini Studio recordings are intended to be “live-to-tape”, and does NOT include any editing.
- If you wish to continue using the Mini Studio, and provide a volunteer (or two or three) to train as your Mini Studio technician, there is no fee for training and the use of the Mini Studio.
- To continue use of this service without a trained group of volunteers, a $50.00 flat fee will be charged to cover the cost of technical services provided by our staff.
Please bring a USB flash drive and/or external hard drive to archive digital files of your completed show.
Preparing for Your Show
To have a great show, pre-production – or all the prep work done BEFORE you come in the studio to tape – is KEY! Give yourself time to plan. ‘Ōlelo staff are here to help guide and provide technical assistance, but YOU are responsible for coordinating the show’s content.
After Your Show is recorded
The Mini Studio service is designed to be recorded live-to-tape. This means that recording sessions end with a finished program. No editing required. After your shoot, ‘Ōlelo staff assists you in completing the paperwork required for submitting your program to air on our channels. You also have the option to make your program available on ʻŌleloNet – ‘Ōlelo’s On Demand web streaming platform.
Once your program and paperwork is submitted, ‘Ōlelo’s Programming Department schedules your show for airing. You will receive an email notifying you of your show’s airdates, airtimes, and channel(s). We encourage you to promote your show as much as you can. To help with this, as part of our Mini Studio service, we will record a promo of your show as part of your two-hour mini studio session.