Conferences, hearings, Town Hall meetings, concerts, parades, May Day performances, graduations… some of the many community events that are covered by ʻŌlelo Community Media’s Executive Production (EP) service. Your organization or agency can apply for this (free once-a-year) service.
Review the requirements below and complete our EXECUTIVE PRODUCTION APPLICATION to get started.
- To use the EP service, you must be an O‘ahu non-profit organization, educational institution, government agency or community organization that is interested in sharing your event with your island community on ʻŌlelo’s cable channels.
- ʻŌlelo provides this service to help organizations and agencies telecast important events without the constraints of commercial television.
- Applications must be submitted at least four weeks in advance of the event.
- This service is designed for events that can be documented in one continuous recording and that require minimal editing.
- Coverage is determined by factors such as crew availability, scheduling, timeliness, community reach, and safety.
- EP coverage is free of charge for first time participants, although please see the application for incurred costs such as crew meals, parking or other production-related costs, multiple use of service, LIVE requests.
- Submitting an application DOES NOT guarantee EP coverage.
Contact our EP team for more information.
My event is less than 4 weeks away. Can I still apply?
We submitted an application before but you declined our request. Should we apply again?
What if I don't have a budget?
I'm the one who filled out the application for my organization. What kind of time will this take on my part?
Can we stream our event as well?
Terri Madden, Artistic Director and Founder of PlayBuilders of Hawaiʻi Theatre Company, shares her experiences with ʻŌlelo’s Executive Production service.